To create a fun and supportive rugby experience for boys and girls that focuses on the development of players, referees and coaches.
- Welcoming – We are inclusive, we welcome all members of the community and all levels of ability to participate in rugby and become participating members of our club
- Having fun – Friendship and fun are paramount for our players and parents
- Attitude – We are passionate about rugby, we share a common enthusiasm for the game and it binds us as a club
- Learning – We aim to achieve all aspects of player development including skills, teamwork, character and sportsmanship
- Excellence – In all we do at all levels of the club we strive to do our best at all times.
- Sportsmanship – Developing character, respect for the game, respect for our team, respect for the referees, respect for our coaches & respect for the opposition is more important than individual glory.
- We play rugby to have fun with our mates.
- We play rugby to improve our skills and fitness.
- We play rugby to learn sportsmanship and the importance of teamwork.
- We love the game and respect those who play it.
- We play as a team and we ALWAYS support our mates.
- We are BRAVE, fit, fast and skilful.
- We respect our club, our coaches, the referees and the opposition.
- Our rugby is FUN!
- We don’t swear.
- We don’t talk to the referee (only the Captain does).
- We don’t talk to the opposition during a game …. we NEVER sledge!
- We play hard but we play fair.
- We play to win but we may not always (that’s ok, it’s a game).
- We play hard to the final whistle, we NEVER give up!
- At the end of every game we shake hands and give 3 cheers for the opposition and 3 cheers for the referees.
- We sing the club song in a team huddle at the end of every game.
- Playing & competing is FUN!
- Training is ALWAYS on (no matter the weather, we can train indoors).
- We arrive ON TIME, EVERY TIME (we don’t let down our mates or disrespect our coaches).
- We train to improve, we train to win.
- Training is FUN!
Our style of Rugby
- We are brave, fit and fast.
- We love playing with the ball in hand, we are ALWAYS hungry for the ball.
- When the ball is on the ground we don’t stop and look, we don’t wait for others to pick it up, we pick it up, we dive on it, we steal it, WE WANT IT MORE!
- We run straight, we run hard.
- We run into gaps or pass to put our mates into gaps.
- We win scrums to win the ball.
- We win line-outs to win the ball.
- We love scoring tries.
- In defense WE TACKLE.
- We NEVER let our teammates down, we are brave, we tackle hard!
- We get up quickly from every ruck, we never turn our backs on the game.
- Our rugby is FUN!
- Our community club needs volunteers all parents and grandparents are welcome and encouraged to get involved.
- Club events are more fun with greater participation, go on get involved and have FUN!
- Coaches and Managers are doing their best, volunteering their time … please be constructive, be supportive.
- This is not the Rugby World Cup, this is not the Wallabies, please don’t scream negatives from the side lines at our kids
- Field set up and pack away are easier for all when you help, please assist!
- All ideas are welcome, fresh ideas progress our great club!