For the Girls there is FIVE weeks of Sizzling 7s Galas from the beginning of March up until School Holidays begin. Teams may choose to play in all or just some of these Galas.
The dates for these are (noting that some are on a Saturday due to clashing events on those Sundays)
- Sunday 5th Mar
- Sunday 12th Mar
- Sunday 19th Mar
- Saturday 25th Mar
- Saturday 1st Apr
At this stage we have nominations for venues from Eric Tweedale Stadium, Hassell Park, St Lukes, Dural Rugby Park and James Morgan – allocations of venues / dates will happen once team nominations are in by the 6th Feb (and we know how many fields we need each week).
As part of all our Girls 7s waves this year we will be holding competitions in all age groups U11-U18. For our younger girls ages 8-10 that are not quite ready for U11 competitions we will run an SJRU Training Squad each week. This will allow young girls to come and participate in some skills and drills before we split them into teams to finish the session with games. Girls will learn rugby skills and get to use them in the games at the end of each session. There is no minimum number of players your club needs – it allows clubs with only 1 or 2 girls to participate as well as clubs that have an entire U10 cohort.
The 7s Comps and Gala Days run by SJRU are not done on a home and away model, and the competition fees are charged on a Package Deal (for Sizzling & Frostys) or Wave by Wave basis.
For Girls 7s in Season 2023, the two initial registrations offerings are follows:
A/ Combined Sizzling and Frosty Registration:
Select registration type “7s Junior Girls”, the fees will be~$250. Early Bird is valid until 2nd February so please register soon!
B/ Sizzling 7s only Registration:
Select registration type “7s Juniors”, the fee will be ~$200. Early Bird is valid until 2nd February so please register soon!
See step by step details below on how to register:
You must have a Rugby Xplorer account to register. Registrations can be completed via the app or website: https://myaccount.rugbyxplorer.com.au/
Open Rugby Xplorer app/ Rugby Portal and sign in by entering email address and password
- Click “Register”
- Click “Find a Club”
- Select who you would like to register, click “continue”
- Enter Club name and “search” Club name will appear in bold, with its parent organisations below in grey.
- Click Club name and “next”
- Select Registration Role, Registration Type and Duration from drop-downs, click “next”
- Registrations will display as open or closed. If open, continue through the process. If closed, contact your club or check our troubleshooting guide
- Personal details will appear for the individual that you are registering, click “next”
- Ability to add a Profile Photo (including a selfie) or click “skip”
- Additional details will appear depending on your Rugby Region, complete the required details and click “next”
– Rugby Australia requires address, gender, country of origin, heritage, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and last registered.
- USA Rugby requires address, gender, country of origin and ethnicity.
- Enter emergency contact details, click “next”
- Additional information
– If U18 enter school, height and weight and school.
– In Australia, non-playing members are also required to enter their WWC details.
- Any custom questions added by your club, and/or parent organisations will appear on a new page.
– In Australia, saleable items your Club is offering will appear, click “next”. Note, Touch 7’s and Get into Rugby will have a “Touch 7’s/Get into Rugby Development Fee” saleable item automatically added.
- Registration summary will appear
– Registration Fees expand to show the breakdown of registration fees.
Any early bird discounts and/or Rugby Xplorer Credits will appear here
The transaction fee will appear
- If applicable, enter NSW Active Kids voucher
- If applicable, enter Club Discount Code
– “Club Discount Applied” will appear for successful discounts.
– “Incorrect Club Discount Code” will appear for discounts that have already been redeemed or wrong code has been entered.
- Optional “Donate to my Club” in Australia.
- Agree to Rugby’s Registration Terms and Conditions
- Click “Pay”
- Select payment option
– Enter credit/ debit card details; or
– Proceed through Zip Pay options (Australia only)
- Click “Make Payment”
- Confirmation screen will appear with “Finish” and confirmation email will be sent to the registered participant
- Would you like to add another registration?
– Selecting “Yes”, will enable family discounts in a registration loop (if offered by your club).
– By selecting no, you will no longer be eligible for a family discount (if offered)
Thank you! We look forward to you joining the community. If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org